Saturday, February 02, 2008

Miami Beach Parking Isn't All That Bad

I went to the beach this afternoon, which has against all odds become a recent habit, and parked in the 17th street lot on South Beach. After increasing my chance of sun cancer and wrinkles for a few hours I came back, put my ticket in the on-foot-payment machine, paid the $5 and kind of threw it at my dashboard. It landed on the face of my huge gas gauge and slid half way in between the glass and plastic. Thinking "oh I better grab that before it slides all the way in" I went to grab it and, well obviously with my luck, it slid all the way in. My first instinct was to rip the cheap plastic around the thing off, so I did. I looked through and see it leads down to the floor, where I then looked (after ripping my dashboard apart mind you) and it wasn't there. I got into some ungodly position to look up through my dashboard (I may not have delicate fingers, but I'm flexible), and didn't see anything. I slipped an old receipt in to see where it might fall, and there's another path into God knows what. So now I'm like "fuck I'm going to have to pay the Twenty-some dollar lost ticket fee".

So I go up and tell the lady my unlikely story, she calls someone, who comes right away. He believes me and let's me go. Thank you Miami Beach Parking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home