Sunday, April 13, 2008

im dying squirtle



This web comic has been making the rounds this week. Yes, I'm not that big on webcomics, and yes, I'm usually the last person to know about 4Chan derived stupidness, but this made it's way to me pretty early. So I took delight in showing all my lil' friend with out fear of them saying "ummm, I saw this two years ago, and actually my Mom sent it to me in a chain mail last week. My Mom saw this before you." Everything was just going smashingly (my preferred way for things to go) until I showed it to someone who didn't get it. I tried explaining ("Well, first off this is not the way you expect pokemon to talk, and then you have to realize that Squirtle has the power to put out the fire with his surf move but would much rather go on singing the song. Are you following so far? Then you have the beat in the third panel, before Bidoff reminds us of the severity of the situation - that he is in fact on fire and dying - but most of the times pokemone are on fire they don't die, and we haven't even touched on the stylistic choices..." Then I stopped, and suddenly realized how frustrating it must be for every person I've ever asked to explain Achewood to me.

TIGHT AS A DRUM! SNAP SNAP! LISTEN TO MY DRUM SONG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home